Mar 4, 2016

Clean Eating + Almond Butter Fudge Recipe

I have been on a clean eating kick lately. Well, I hope it is more of a lifestyle change than a kick. I have been trying to pare down processed foods as much as possible, and ramp up real food - mainly plants. These are the two books that I have been basing our meals around:

Everyday Detox is my favorite, but both books are very informative and full of great recipes and tips. Here is one of my lunches recently that I made from the Clean Slate book.


I did not think that I would really like it, but I ended up loving it. It's white beans and tuna with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. (I added arugula on top, it was not in the original recipe). Very satisfying and tasty!

There are also plenty of snack and dessert recipes in both books, which has been a downfall of mine in the past. Now, I stock my kitchen with healthy and clean grab and go snacks and treats.

This little guy is maybe my most favorite snack EVER... EVER. It's Almond Butter Freezer Fudge from the Everyday Detox book. SO easy and crazy delicious. (I add in dark chocolate chips). Here's the super simple recipe:

1 1/2 Cups Almond Butter
6 Tbsp Melted Coconut oil
3 Tbsp Raw Honey (Or maple syrup for vegan)
3/4 tsp Sea Salt

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a parchment lined loaf pan. Pop in the freezer until solid. Cut into little bite sized squares and store in a airtight container (or ziplock) in the freezer for up to 2 months (good luck making it 2 weeks with these little pieces of heaven). 


Pintrest / Instagram / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment