Dec 9, 2015

Christmas Traditions

Growing up (and let's face it, now), if it's a Christmas activity I want in on the fun. I have always crammed as much baking and yuletide crafts as one possibly can in a short month. (The shortest month of the year if you ask me). 
 
When I was little, I always made a gingerbread house. But back in the day, you couldn't find all these perfect little gingerbread house kits that include everything you need. My mom, bless her, isn't so crafty. She never baked me up walls and a roof for my little houses. So, I used what we had around the kitchen. Usually graham crackers, sometimes saltines and squeeze cheese. My parents always told me how beautiful they were, but now that I'm a parent I know they were tossing back eggnog and laughing till they cried.  
 
I'm pretty sure those windows are made out of cheese...

This year was Mally's first time to do a gingerbread house with me. Needless to say, she love it as much as I do.

We got this tiny house kit at Target for like $2.50. It came with the house pieces, some small candies and the frosting! I added in some extra candy and sprinkles from our stash. (Yes, we have a massive stash of sprinkles for every occasion.)

Turned out adorable! I am so excited to start this tradition with my little one and hope she looks forward to doing it each year as I do!

Happy Holidays!


Pintrest / Instagram / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment