Nov 30, 2015

Our Family Advent Calendar


We had such a nice holiday weekend. Full of too much turkey, a trip to the movies to see The Good Dinosaur (bring tissues...), and some Christmas decorating.

She loved, loved, LOVED adding ornaments to the tree. She brought in her little stool from the bathroom and hung every ornament I would give her on the same branch. I had to keep coming behind her and moving them. She also wants every tree and ornament to all be in HER room. She already has a nice little artificial tree but she needs MORE CHRISTMAS! I hear you little one, me too...

We also have started a new tradition in the house. The advent calendar! I never did these growing up. My husband's mom would get the little cardboard ones where there is a chocolate behind each door. Downside? Had to share with his 2 sisters. So that's only like 8 pieces of candy! I purchased an advent calendar from Pottery Barn Kids. For some reason, in my head, it was like poster sized.. Nope, it's enormous. And I love it.
I've filled it with little goodies like socks, gloves, candy, small ornaments for her tree and some fun activities for us to do together or as a family. Like making and delivering goodies or dropping off little secret gifts to friends. Of course we are going to also incorporate the true meaning of Christmas along with the fun.
 
 
 

Pintrest / Instagram / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment