Nov 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Planning


We have two Thanksgivings each year. That's right, two turkeys, multiple pies, cranberry sauce you name it. The first Thanksgiving is at my mother's house each year. It takes place on actual Thanksgiving. We typically have shrimp bisque for the first course and fried turkey with dressing and sides. 
 
Our second thanksgiving is at my in-laws. It always takes place a day or two after actual thanksgiving (which is good news for us!). They always oven roast their turkey and stuff it with stuffing and serve it with traditional sides. 

I love to cook, but I am always delegated to appetizers, small sides or dessert. I make a pretty mean apple pie, but it's SUPER time consuming. I haven't made it since I had my daughter, but I'm sure I will get it going again soon enough. This year, I am making homemade rolls for T1, and THIS pumpkin cream cheese pie for T2. I may make some cinnamon butter to go with the rolls, or try and sneak in an appetizer to one of the gatherings. 

For those with a bread machine (one of my favorite appliances), here's my easy go-to dinner roll recipe:

Easy Dinner Rolls, makes 12
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 egg, room temp and enough hot water to equal 3/4 cup when placed together in a measuring cup
  • 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 Cups All purpose flour
  • 1 tsp Dry Active Yeast

Directions:
  1. Add ingredients to bread machine in order shown. Set machine on "dough" setting
  2. Place dough on a floured surface and divide into 12 pieces and shape.
  3. Let rise on a greased baking sheet for 30 minutes or until double in size (you can cut time in half if your oven has a proofing setting)
  4. Bake at 350ยบ for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
 

Pintrest / Instagram / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment