Oct 16, 2013

Oh App-y day!

Guess what day it is??

It's hump day! On this rainy hump day I want to take a moment to share some of my favorite apps that get me through my busy days. I am app-obsessed. I love my gadgets. I try and make sure I'm not completely glued to screens all day by taking breaks to play with the wee one or read a book or magazine, but I would miss my technology if it was gone for too long! By the way, all these apps I list are free. Some are offered for other platforms, but these are apps I use on my Apple products:



1. Evernote. I cannot express how much I LOVE evernote. It is great for keeping track of everything and I keep it on all of my devices since it updates itself online. I keep folders for recipes, vacation lists, to do lists, ideas, etc. You can add snippets from websites or images onto notes in your folders. For instance, I have a recipe folder that I keep photos of recipes I see in magazines that aren't mine (moms, or waiting rooms, friends..) I also have snapshots of ones from my cookbook that I like to use on vacation so I don't have to lug the whole book with me just to make that remoulade sauce!



2. Speaking of lists, the Simple Grocery List app is great. You can make different lists for different stores and check off the items as you go. I've got one for Sam's, Target, Ulta, Walmart, Lowes.... When we mention needing something from one of those places, I type it in the list and BOOM. When we end up at one of the stores I open my list and we are sure to get those air filters we keep forgetting!



3. Goove Book. This is GREAT especially if you have a new baby or pet you are obsessed with. You know all those pics you snap with your phone or load to instagram? Well, for $2.99 per month* you can upload 100 images and they send you a great little book with perforated pages so you can share images with loved ones or frame them! (*I know, I said free apps..the app is free, but the books are $2.99 per month which includes shipping which is a deal!)



4. Label Box. A cute little app for adding little labels to your photos. You can pick from different designs and digitally "stick" them to your photos. I used this when I was pregnant to mark monthly photos of my belly.



5. Just for fun, Dumb Ways to Die. This is an addicting little game, let me tell you. Its the kind of game you can pick up if you have a few minutes, like your in line at the grocery store or waiting for a doctor. You get 3 lives and play through these little mini games and, well, try not to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment