Oct 7, 2014

Pumpkins and Change

This weekend we knew we wanted to go get our October pumpkin haul. Each year, we make a trek into the countryside to a quaint little farm where there is every beautiful kind of pumpkin (shape, size and color) you would ever want. It also helps that they are half the price of any of the stores in town have. So we get in the car and drive - only to pull into an empty gravel lot in front of closed gates. "It's gone." I said.

As we were driving back, I couldn't help but think of the plans I made in my head of visiting there with my little family each year and how it would be a tradition. It's a nice little country drive and a pretty old white farm house where the patch is. But the older you get, the more things change. We ended up going to a local store in town. It was a little crowded and the prices were a little higher, but we just as good of a time picking out "pumpkeys" (as baby girl says) as we would have at the old patch. I guess it's time to make some new traditions this year, and that can be a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment