Oct 9, 2014

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

Now that the weather is finally cooling off, I am using my crock pot like twice a week! It would make more sense that I should use it more in the summer, since the kitchen stays cooler with the oven off, but there's something about fall and all those cozy slow cooker recipes that make me wanna throw on some camp socks and sip on a pumpkin spiced latte.

Here's a pic of my little helper. I wish I could dress up my crock pot like a witches cauldron for Halloween. That would be sweet.

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken from pearlsandplatters.com

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

Serves 2 and a half. 

Ingredients:
  • Two large chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 4 cloves of garlic pressed or diced
  • 1 tbsp of Lemon Pepper seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano 
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 1 bell pepper, cut into strips*
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into slow cooker and stir around to combine
  2. Cook on low 6 hours
Serving suggestions:
Serve on a bed of brown rice with a green veggie on the side. Spoon left over juices over chicken and rice.  This recipe can easily be doubled or mixed up raw and frozen to cook later. Just thaw in fridge overnight before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment