Nov 1, 2012

Cleansing Routine.. for now at least :)

Since becoming pregnant, I've had to put some of my products on the back shelf due to certain ingredients that they say could potentially be less than ideal for the baby. I figure it's better to be safe than sorry so I've switched up my routine a little bit. I certainly didn't expect all of the extra fun skin issues I've encountered such as gulf sized oil slicks and teenage acne! Having to give up my good friends salicylic acid and retinols has not been easy, but I've found some pretty good stand ins for the next few months and wanted to share them. Click here for a list of product ingredients you may want to avoid during pregnancy.

As always, consult with your physician about product use or concerns!

  1. Cleanser: Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser
    Gentle yet deep cleansing. A little goes a long way. I received a sample of this and loved it so much that I decided to buy.
  2. Toner: Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner
    I bought this to try and rein in this acne! I love the way is feels and it is non drying.
  3. Moisturizer: Olay Complete All Day UV Skin Shield Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15
    A slight change from my favorite Oil of Olay moisturizer that contains beta hydroxy acid
  4. Eye makeup remover: Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads
    Ok, so I've always used these but I love them so much I had to share. These premoistened pads work wonders at removing eye makeup at the end of the day. They are inexpensive and you can almost always find a coupon for them in the paper.
  5. Spot treatment: Zeno Hot Spot
    These little babies work! Best part, NO chemicals at all. It uses heat to kill the bacteria and let me tell you, it does work like magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment