Aug 26, 2013

Protecting your investment

I took the plunge this past weekend and bought an expensive tote bag. I tried, I really tried to find something less expensive that I liked as well but I couldn't find anything! This bag makes a great diaper bag, I must say! SO since I did spend a pretty penny, I want to make sure this puppy lasts and looks good. Here's what I did:


I picked up some ScotchGard for fabrics. Since the band around the top is silk, I covered it with masking tape so the spray wouldn't ruin it. I took it outside and sprayed the heck out of it. I hung it up and let it dry a bit, then did another coat, making sure to pay attention to the bottom.


Voila! Remove the tape and you have a protected canvas bag! The ScotchGard protects from dirt and water. Canvas bags do tend to be washable, but they look their shape badly and never seem to be the same afterwards. Now get out there and protect your investments!






No comments:

Post a Comment