Sep 28, 2015

Quick and Easy Bacon Eggs Benedict!

I am a HUGE fan of Eggs Benedict. If I'm brunching, it's the main thing I order. Since I love it SO much, I have found a way to streamline the process for cooking at home. I can have you Eggs Benedict in around 10 minutes.. no lie.
 
 
Here's what you do:

1) Microwave the bacon on a plate between 2 sheets of paper towel. I used turkey bacon and have found it will cook in about 2 - 4 minutes depending on how many slices.


2) Toast your English Muffin slices in the toaster.


3) For hollandaise sauce for 2 people, add 1 egg yolk to the blender along with a half tablespoon lemon juice and a half tablespoon warm water. Blend until frothy. Melt 1/4 cup (half a stick) of butter in a mug in the microwave. Slowly pour butter into yolk mixture with the blender on low. Then crank it up till its thick.


4) For a BIG time saver, cook your eggs in a non stick skillet over easy. (That's where you flip the egg without breaking the yolk). Be careful not to over cook if you want the runny yolk!

 
5) Place an egg on one half of an English Muffin, top with slices of bacon and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Optional: top with fresh cracked pepper, chopped green onions or chopped fresh parsley. 
 

Brunch on!


post signature
Pintrest / Instagram / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment