Sep 26, 2011

Preserving Summer Memories


I saw this idea on another website and decided to give it a try. I love collecting shells on beach trips but I'm not ever sure what to do with them all afterwards. They usually end up sitting in a house plant or outside hidden in the garden. It also just so happens that my walls are in desperate need for some artwork!

Here's what you do:
Gather up your shells and wash them. (I rinse them in a colander in the sink then run them through the dishwasher in the utensil tray.)

Purchase a shadow box (or if you're real crafty, build one! I got mine on sale 40% OFF at Michaels)

Lay them out and rearrange until you have them like you want.

I was successful just using craft glue to adhere them in the shadow box, but if your shells are larger you may wish to use a hot glue gun. I just ran a thick bead of multi purpose craft glue around the edge of my shell and set it down in its spot.

Voila!
Your summer memories are now a work of art! You could also ad in a little tag that says where you were and the dates or year.

No comments:

Post a Comment